• PANELS must be screw mounted through the face directly to the substrate, typically drywall. Panels are not attached to studs.
• All panel-to-panel edges are glued with approved adhesive as panels are mounted. The backs are not glued, only the panel edges.
• Seams are filled with the approved spackling compound.
• Seams are sanded.
• Surface is sealed with the approved primer/sealer.
• Desired finish paint is applied. Flat paint is recommended, and spray application provides the best results.
To perform the installation of modularArts panels, we recommend that a finish carpenter or millworker mount and edge-glue the panels, and a drywall tradesperson address the seams.
One man-hour per panel should be allowed to bring the installation to a paint-ready state. Drying time of adhesive is not included. Adhesive requires 24 hours to dry. Experience may certainly shorten labor time!
A detailed Instruction Booklet will come with the panels.
Installation Kit Contents
(for installations up to 50 panels):
• APPROVED DRY MIX JOINT COMPOUND
(must be used with acrylic fortifier listed below)
18 lb bag
• APPROVED ACRYLIC FORTIFIER
• APPROVED CONSTRUCTION ADHESIVE (for bonding panels edges together during install)